Fall is the time of year you need to decide if your camping season is over. Parking your RV for the winter requires some preventive measures so it will be ready to use next spring. You’ll also be glad you did it when you don’t have costly repair bills due to the damaging results of winter.
Now the question is what do you do to prepare it for winter, and who will be doing it? If you’re like me and enjoy performing the routine maintenance on your RV, not to mention saving a few dollars, the “who” part is answered. As for the “what” part, I have made all you RV DIYer's an ABSOLUTES, winterizing checklist, to help you with the task.
ABSOLUTES Winterizing Checklist:
1. Check ALL seams and penetrations on the Roof ie: vents, skylights, sewer vents and front seam and rear seam, spot seal as necessary. Done here. ✅
2. Check tire pressure and adjust as needed. Done here. ✅
3. Drain all holding tanks, fill black and grey holding tanks again with fresh water and drain a second time. Leave the valves open and termination cap removed to allow the tanks to dry. Done here. ✅
4. Turn off the Propane, Drain the water heater and leave the drain plug in the sink of the RV, By-pass the water heater. Done here. ✅
5. Pump “Freeze Ban” to all faucets, toilets, ice maker, washing machines and showers…….. when you see the pink solution at all of the aforementioned outlets. You’re done here. ✅
6. Check the electrolyte level in the batteries (if applicable) and fill with distilled water as necessary. Charge all the batteries to a full state of charge unless you can leave RV plugged into 120 VAC. Done here. ✅
7. Remove ALL food from the RV that is not in a can or glass container, turn off refrigerator and open the doors to prevent mold. Done here. ✅
Lastly, if you’re not sure about doing these procedures yourself, set an appointment with us. Or if you just need a little help, for a FEE, we’ll walk you thru the process …….. even over a live video. So just give us a call, we are here to help!
Your Friend in the RV Biz,
Rod-rod th’ motorhome gawd
Blue Moon RV
27 views0 comments